Want to Volunteer?
Our Charity relies heavily on Volunteers. They are highly valued and we would not be able to
manage without them.
Volunteers add value to our work, helping to support individuals and the local community.
We have a range of opportunities for you to learn more about working with disabled children and
courses are available online or at various locations in the borough which are free for volunteers.
What you may get out of volunteering
- the opportunity to learn more about working with children with disabilities
- training in Makaton, child protection, autism awareness, first aid and other courses relevant to your role
- the enjoyment of being part of a vibrant team
- a chance to meet new people and make friends
- an opportunity to build your self-confidence
- the chance to use your individual talents and skills and to achieve your full potential
- personal growth and development
- the rewarding feeling of supporting your local community
- the knowledge and satisfaction of making a difference
- support to gain a qualification